Terms & Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, between
our customer, and
Miracle Drycleaning and Laundry
Payment and pricing
- We don’t accept cheque payments.
- All prices are subject to change from time to time.
- Miracle Drycleaning and Laundry reserve the right to suspend our service to you if any of your old orders remain unpaid.
- We reserve the right to amend any of our prices in case of circumstances beyond our control.
- Please note that if any unforeseen additional work is noticed at one of our workshops you will be immediately contacted to confirm your approval before proceeding with your order, which may cause a delay and alter the price
Collection of your garment or item at your door
You will be given a ticket at your door and we strongly recommend that you check this ticket order for accuracy. If you believe the fair value of your garment or item exceeds 10 times
our price, please declare the value.
We shall require a completed and signed Customer Consent Form to authorise the processing of any item that we consider a risk. We also request this form to be completed for processing curtains, rugs, leather and suede, fur, wedding/beaded/evening dresses and other household items or non-clothing items.
Delivery of your garment or item to your door
Lost tickets will require ID, and you will need to sign for the order collected.
Please check your order is complete once you receive it – we accept no liability for missing items once the driver leaves.
Unclaimed laundry and dry cleaning items after 30 days from a failed delivery will be disposed of or given to charity.
At Miracle Drycleaning and Laundry we cannot be liable for:
- Colour differences when part of a matching suit or any other matching part is sent in for cleaning without the other;
- Any item which suffers colour loss, shrinkage or damage during the cleaning process whereby the manufacturer’s care label instructions have been followed;
- Any feather- or down-filled item;
- Claims for over 10 times the cleaning price (please see the Claims section below);
- Any accessory attached to or contained within any item – an “accessory” means (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading, painted logos, leather trims, furs, signs, zips, hoods, collars and inner linings;
- Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item;
- Shrinkage in the cleaning process that is less than 5%;
- Slight differences in shading of panels which may become apparent as a result of the garment having been constructed using skins from more than one animal;
- The discolouration of lighter areas as a result of the dye from darker-coloured skin bleeding onto this light-coloured skin, lining or fabric;
- Claims after 48 hours from receiving your item;
- The possible ageing (or change of colour or texture) that sometimes happens when a new garment is cleaned for the first time;
- Any item that does not show cleaning instructions;
- The appearance of stains as a result of adhesives (used during the manufacturing of the garment to secure hems and other parts) that may come to the surface during cleaning;
- Any fancy trimmings, buckles, zips or buttons;
- Any item that has deliberate crinkles or creased effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process;
- Any item with faulty adhesives or interfacing which leave a mark after cleaning;
- Any item which, owing to wear and tear or to its integral nature, is unable to withstand an industrially laundered or dry-cleaning process;
- Claims for items that had been used and worn after receiving it;
- Curtains and blinds – to avoid doubt we are not responsible for the following :
- Glued-on trims – many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light or if more than one year old;
- Tassels – these may have been weakened by the effects of light;
- Tie-backs – many of these are not designed to be dry cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastic liners and often glued during make-up for ease of manufacture;
- Weights in the bottoms of curtains – these can be small, round, lead weights or chains that can do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed against the cage sides during the tumbling action – the customer must remove these if possible;
- Swags and tails – these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape and can be pulled out of shape during cleaning;
- Silver- and gold-painted designs – most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric and can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but loss can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to (please be aware that we are not responsible for this loss);
- Flocked velvet may change in nature and become hardened;
- Watermarks contained within the fabric – it may not be possible to remove these during cleaning;
- Old or poor stitching may loosen during cleaning;
- Weakened fabric as a result of ultraviolet light exposure (noticeable only after they are taken down), or weak fabric that may be damaged during cleaning.
Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which were previously camouflaged during manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process. Although every care is taken, we cannot always disguise either natural flaws or stretching techniques employed by the manufacturer, or totally remove adhesives. These items may “age” after cleaning. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.
In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied please notify us of your complaint within 48 hours
from receiving your item. After those 48 hours
we shall not be held responsible for any such claims. A complaints collection will be arranged; please prepare the item with the receipt, ensuring it is unworn and unused with the original packaging.
Our experts will determine whether your order will need to be processed again or referred to third-party arbitration (please see 4 and 5 in the Claims section below).
We appreciate that with such a large customer base, sometimes things may go wrong. We rely on feedback from our customers to try to put things right, and we aim to do this quickly and efficiently.
As a first step, we suggest you call us on +44 (0)20 34419255 so we can help you. However, if you would like to make a more formal complaint, please send us an e-mail at
Liability for any reason (including, but not limited to, lost or damaged items) is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning price or the fair value of the item (providing this fair value was declared by you at the time of collection; please note that if this fair value exceeds 10 times our list price, this charge will be increased accordingly).
We will not be liable for any undelivered item(s) after 30 days from a failed delivery: any unclaimed laundry and dry-cleaning items will be disposed of or given to charity.
- Any claim settled by us will be on condition that it is accepted by you as full and final settlement;
- We shall not be liable for any damage which is not related to or caused by the cleaning process;
- We shall not be liable for any claim which is excluded under the General Exclusions paragraph above or if you haven’t followed the process for making a claim under the formal complaints section above;
- We follow the Textile Service Association (TSA) industry guidelines for fair compensation. From these guidelines we would potentially compensate you once liability is proved by us once the age, original value and proof of purchase from you is clearly established. We do not replace old with new items and therefore need to establish the age, state and condition of the item(s) prior to any compensation being paid out;
- If there is doubt as to the cause of damage to any item, an independent third party will be appointed (please call us on +44 (0)20 34419255 for more details). The result of such analysis will be final and will form the basis for any compensation due. If this analysis determines that we are liable, we shall settle this appropriately. The costs of any such analysis will be paid for by the party which the independent third party determines is liable.
Collection and delivery
- We endeavour to deliver your items when expected. However, because of the unpredictable London traffic, circumstances may arise which make it impossible to deliver at the time originally booked. In these rare instances we shall endeavour to inform you of the delay ahead of time and reschedule the delivery at your convenience, subject to availability.
- If there is no response or we are unable to gain access to your property at the scheduled time, we shall contact you to rearrange your delivery; however, we reserve the right not to accept an order, to cancel an order or terminate your account if this occurs repeatedly.
- We reserve the right not to accept an order or cancel an order if there is reason to suspect our staff may be at risk of physical or verbal abuse upon collection or delivery of your items.
- Please make us aware of any issues that may arise when attempting to access your property. We reserve the right to decline any order that requires collection or delivery above the third floor, should there be no access by lift, either permanently or temporarily. If we deem it possible, practical and not a health-and-safety issue, we shall endeavour to explore ways of completing your collection or delivery, but cannot of course guarantee this will be completed.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be made available on our website. These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.