7 Tips to Keep Your Laundry Room Neat and Tidy
Most of the households in and around Knightsbridge have a separate room just for laundry. This feature is quite necessary these days as it allows them to take care of the dirty clothes in a separate place. However, the state of this room can either make or break the motivation to take care of the cleaning. Unless you are using the service of a laundry company, even a small amount of mess can make you postpone laundry day.
Talk to our experts at Miracle Dry Cleaning to get some ideas on how to organise and clean your laundry room.
- Utilise clear containers: Replace the commercial containers with transparent or clear ones that will help you locate items easily and they also look nice. Mason jars, glass containers, transparent plastic containers or others can help in tidying up the place.
- Keep it clean: These rooms can often be cluttered with shoes, backpacks, mails, coats or other things that we drop on the floor as soon as we enter our home. Unless you are using any dry cleaning & laundry services, try to keep these tiny rooms clean and organise all items properly, and avoid using this room as a storage area.
- Keep cleaning supplies together: It can be quite frustrating to search for detergent or other items when you have a huge load of dirty clothes. Two possible solutions for this problem is, either you carry these supplies along the clothes or keep them stacked in your laundry room.
- Throw all useless items: Collect all the useless items like empty containers, stray socks, broken hangers and more, and toss them out. However, important we feel these things are and plan to use them later. However, the truth is that we are never going to use it and these items just clutter the space.
- Make use of the walls: Laundry rooms in Knightsbridge and elsewhere are generally very tiny and have hardly any space, so make use of any empty or vacant space that can be used. Using walls can really free up the floor space. Here are some ideas of utilising the free space:
- Install some hooks in the ceiling of the room to use it as drying space
- Make some shelves or counter on the wall to keep cleaning items
- Use an old shoe rack to keep any cleaning supplies and free up other space
- Dry your clothes vertically: If your laundry room is small then hanging clothes can be quite difficult, that ultimately results in clothes to be draped over the dryer, doors and cabinets. Install a clothesline or freestanding drying rack in the laundry room to hand clothes. It does not only save the space but also removes the chance of getting wrinkles and creases on the clean clothes.
- Fold your laundry as soon as done: The people who use dry cleaning services get their laundry delivery, thus folding clothes is not an issue. However, for people like us who do their own laundry have no such service. Therefore, it is wise to fold up the clothes as soon as they are out of the dryer.
We hope that these ideas will be helpful to keep your laundry room clean and tidy. Once we get the clutter and trash cleaned out, we can utilise the free space easily.